Today I covered some serious ground (32,827 steps according to my iPhone) which was just as well because I had TWO ice creams. Not even joking. I also practiced my accent and did not speak English the entire day. Pretty chuffed with myself.
- Started with the Trocadéro & Eiffel Tower (because, Paris)
- Quai Branly Museum
- Grand Palais & Le Petit Palais
- Pont Alexandre III where I nearly got run over because I was in a photo-crazed trance
- Place de la Concorde
- Finally had a sit down at Jardin des Tuileries
- Crossed the Pont Neuf to Ile de La Cité
- Palais de Justice, with the Saint Chapelle (most beautiful stained glass I have ever seen) and the Conciergeire, the old prison where Marie Antoinette was held
- Cathedral Notre Dame – surreal to finally go inside!
- Jardin du Luxembourg – this was PACKED, every second person* in Paris decided it was a good day for a picnic
- St-Sulpice fountain & church
- Went to Café de Flore for dinner (I had strawberries and champagne….), sat where Ernest Hemmigway probably sat in the 1800s and just thought to myself: OH LA LA the entire time
- Watched the football final at the fanzone and practiced my accent some more (OK fine I just sung/yelled ‘Allez Les Bleus’ with the locals)