Last day in Paree.
- Headed to Montmatre in the morning to see the Sacre Coeur and climb the 300 steps to its dome – SO worth it
- Wandered the street corners where the artists paint
- Walked past Le Moulin Rouge – far smaller and less glitzy than the movies make it look
- Headed back into the city to check out Galleries Lafayette, the department store that tops all department stores
- Spent some time on Rue Saint-Honoré admiring the beautiful shops (if there is ever a deterrent to shop, the thought of lugging said shopping around in a pack for six weeks is IT)
- Walked past L’Eglise Madeline to get to the original Laudrée shop – which was teeny but boy the macarons were delish
- Went to Musée d’Orsay (beautiful gallery in an old train station) and oogled at famous paintings yet again. They also had a special Henri Rousseau exhibit which I loved.
- Headed back to the Eiffel Tower one last time, lazed around on the grass for a while, and then met some friends from NZ for dinner.
Paris was great.